Sunday, March 30, 2008

Hi ya -


I am thankful for....

.....beautiful, windy, warm, kite flying weather and fun, new kites to fly.

.....SNOW??? After such enjoyable (kite flying) weather on Saturday, waking up to snow on the ground this morning was a bit of a shock, but I AM thankful for the moisture and I'm glad the kids had fun making "one last snowman." (I hope it's the last)

.....my darling little primary kids. I know I've mentioned them before, but being as I write this list on Sundays, my cute little primary kids are always on my mind. I just love them!

.....for a living prophet to "guide us in these latter days." (Guess what song we are learning in primary right now?? If you get stuck, see the next item)

.....for ASL. I love sign language. I think it is such a beautiful language. Each year I learn at least one (usually 2) of the primary program songs in ASL and teach it to the kids. I've been doing this for 2 1/2 years now, so the kids (and I) have learned quite a few signs. Starting today, I am teaching them "We Thank Thee O God For A Prophet" in sign. It is extra work for me, but I love it; and the kids really seem to enjoy it too, so that makes it worth it. They know enough signs now that I can use "official sign language" as the visual clues on many other songs we sing.

.....automatic dishwashers and washing machines. (Guess what I need to catch up on tomorrow?)

.....automatic toothbrushes. Tim bought us one for our upcoming anniversary. I, of course, opened it early and we are using it now. It really does feel like it gets my teeth cleaner and is more gentle on my gums. (This is important because Tim and I both have a tendency to scrub a too hard, and as a result our gums are receding. The dentist said this brush will really help with that.)

.....the new week ahead of me.


Brief report on last week:

Right now the house is a total and complete WRECK! (I did work on the storage room project for several hours on Saturday, but there are still many, many, many hours of work to be done on that project, and the rest of the house is showing serious signs of neglect.)

I am caught back up in my reading for the HINCKLEY CHALLENGE. I fell pretty behind when I got into that slump two weeks ago, but I did extra reading this week and now I'm a whole 3 pages ahead of schedule!

Health wise - I've decided I'm really liking my maternity clothes - that fit me so loosely:) I made YUMMY peanut butter bars with chocolate topping for dessert tonight, and I think I'll go grab one more, before I brush my teeth with my nifty new toothbrush.

G 'NITE

1 comment:

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

I love gratitude posts! Thanks for sharing yours!