Tuesday, March 5, 2019

back in the saddle?

March 5, 2019 Wow - it’s been a few days. In my last entry, I mentioned working on Bryan’s project… well, last Wednesday night we stayed up late finishing it. I knew we had stuff that would keep us busy on Thursday, so we stayed up late getting it done and he turned it in on Thursday instead of Friday. I think it turned out amazing.



I'm posting a picture here, but I know it is too hard to read the papers in the corners.
 One corner is the “Wall of Fame” and has a few of our more “famous” or outwardly noteworthy ancestors. (Charles C Rich, early apostle of the church; Lavina Christensen Fugal, 1955 American mother of the year; Thomas E Ricks, founder of Rick college)
Another corner is a timeline of the year when each basic family line came to Utah. (using the 8 ancestors at his the level of his great grandparents - Mellor, Campbell, Yost, Ricks, Fugal, Robinson, Allred, Strickland)
Another corner was “characteristics of my ancestors that live on in me” (hard work, love of music, theater/acting, strong faith)
and the last corner was “What’s in a name” where he explained the meaning & origin of his name, plus the origins of the 4 family names of his grandparents (Mellor, Yost, Fugal, & Allred) 

Anyway - We stayed up late Thursday night, I got up early the next day to work out… we had a crazy busy day on Thursday with school, after school robotics class, scout court of honor, then the camp JJ parent meeting. By the time I was getting in bed, I was beat and decided I was not getting up early on Friday - that my body needed sleep. So I didn’t get up at 5 when my watch beeped at me. Saturday I got up early enough for bountiful baskets, but not early enough to do my miracle morning routine first, then I went straight from there, back home to pick up the boys then off to BYU scout powwow. Then Caleb has his service project (for citizenship in the community), then a little housework here at home, then off to the temple.

Sunday I also rebelled and slept in. Monday too. Mornings have never really been “my thing.” I am much more of a night person. That being said, I CAN still see that getting up early and following a morning routine is good for me. I’m still not sure I have the “right” routine for me… and it is super hard because I have the 3 days a week when I have Bountiful Baskets, or my workout that mess with the schedule, and I still haven’t figured out the best way to work around that… But for today I am up, and now I have 3 minutes to get to my workout.  Good thing it is only a couple minutes away!

No comments: