Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Spring Break - Wednesday

Today Aaron continued working for our neighbor all morning.  I went to  lunch with some friends while Tim got pizza for the kids.  (Katrina,  Bryan, & Caleb had all earned a "free personal pizza" for their reading accomplishments.  They  had been wanting to use them, so we decided to day was as good a day as any)

At 3:30 I took the kids swimming at the rec center.  It was JAM PACKED - a mad house!  I really don't do well in crowds, and crowded swimming pools are a   nightmare, but the kids  had fun.  We were there until about 6:30, then came home and made tacos for dinner.

At bedtime I expected them to all  find their way outside again - it was Caleb's turn for the hammock tonight,  but instead I found that they had created a big "blanket tent" in the boys room and I found all 4 kids sleeping on the floor in their creation.


If you look closely, you will see that they held the blankets in place using ROCKS.  I did NOT take note of this, but it was brought to my attention when the next morning, Aaron had a big gash in the side of his head from a rock that was pulled down during the night.  I'm just grateful he wasn't hurt any worse than he was...  and that no one else was injured.  It reminded me of when I was young, and my sister, brother, and my sister's friend built a tent very similar to this in MY room to sleep in.  Only instead of rocks, we used straight pins to hold the sheets together and during the night the tent came down and there was a whole lot of "OUCH"-ing going on.