Saturday, August 28, 2010

more summer memories...

For the 24th of July, we went up to Payson Lakes to hang out with my brother Shayne, his wife Angela, and their 4 kids. They took up their camper and stayed overnight, but Tim had to work (a 1/2 day), plus we had too many things going on the next day, so we just went up for the afternoon/evening. We spent the afternoon swimming in the lake and paddling around in our little inflatable raft (no pictures of that - but never fear, I more than made up for it in other meaningless pictures)
There at the lake they have a pier built out over the water that CRAZY people jump off. Paige had mentioned that she "might" want to do it, but was too scared to go alone. I walked over to provide moral support, and to everyone's surprise, (my own especially) I JUMPED! Multiple times even. And just so you know, anyone who tells you that the first time is the worst and then it isn't scary anymore - - they are lying to you! (at least if you are as scared of heights as I am... it never got any less scary - but I kept jumping, and it was kind of fun... in a terrifying freakish sort of way)

The lighting was behind us, so the pictures of us jumping aren't great, but they are proof that we did it, so here they are: (and if you click on them to see them bigger, you can see the details a lot better...)

A shadow-faced Katrina - but she's still my beautiful little princess!

Away goes Aaron! (he was the bravest and went first!!!)

Seth taking the plunge

Aaron "helping" Seth jump
and here goes Paige!

Now it's my turn. I won't even tell you how many pictures there are of me in this pose. Tim was standing on shore taking the pictures and I'd count to three, (at which point I was SUPPOSED to let go), he'd snap a picture, but I'd still be hanging on for dear life. He got a mite frustrated with me before I finally let go.


I finally let go, and here I am, dropping to the water - not graceful in way shape or form - but I did it!
And I very NON-gracefully hit the water!


Here we are - the PROUD and successful jumpers! (we were supposed to all jump together, but I chickened out and ended up letting go last... again)


Tim obviously has no fear! He stood ON the railing around the pier and leapt into the air. (The first time he counted to 3 even...)


After swimming, we went up to the camp and ate a yummy dinner and visited until it was long past my kids bedtime. It is just so beautiful and relaxing that I had a really hard time leaving. I was SO wishing I had decided to stay overnight... Oh well - maybe next year!

Shayne Angela and I

Spencer, Aaron and Seth roasting marshmallows


Bryan is my sticky little Marshmallow addict!

Caleb is quickly becoming a marshmallow master
Aaron and his perfectly toasted marshmallow

1 comment:

Tristi Pinkston said...

Oh, wow - that all looks like so much fun. You're a braver woman than I am ... I never would have let go of that railing. :)