Thursday, December 18, 2008

Mission Accomplished

A couple days back in my "Christmas card" post, I set the goal to have my cards done and in the mail by Wednesday (which was yesterday.) I know you have all been on pins and needles... wondering if I managed to do it. Yessiree. I did. (except for like 4 more that are waiting for me to track down the correct addresses)

While I would hate to ruin it for those of you who are on my "Christmas card" mailing list, I'm going to post it anyway. (if you are on my list, feel free to stop reading here. You can just read it when the paper copy gets there.) Rather than type out a whole page long update letter, I just did bullet highlights of the year. That way I was able to get two per page. (less cost in copies) and it was much faster to write up. SO - here it is:

Merry Christmas from the ****** Family

Here is the condensed version of what we've been up to during 2008. For more details and photos, feel free to check out my blog at aficklepickle.blogspot.com. We send our love and holiday wishes!

Tim – still working at Navitaire * real estate transactions (as agent) * in process of buying another investment property * Scoutmaster * Scout camp in Idaho * lots of audio books during long commute *

Jeri – full time mom (that says it all) * blogging * primary chorister * school volunteer * seeing some improvement in my piano playing ability(slow and sometimes steady...)* generally sleep deprived * trying to be a gardener *

Aaron – 8 yrs old * baptized in July * 3rd grade * LOVES animals * started gymnastics * great improvements in reading * artistic * musical (piano and singing) * piano recitals * loves to build and create * fantastic imagination * geode hunting trip with Dad * swim lessons * cub scouts *

Katrina – 5 yrs old * barely missed kindergarten deadline but is totally ready * loves reading * started gymnastics in Nov. * piano lessons * piano recitals * good friend to others * loves to play “teacher” * super progress in speech therapy (everyone can totally understand her now) * swim lessons * a huge help to me during the day *

>Bryan – 3 yrs old * LOVES “primary” (his nursery teachers are the most amazing people EVER in the history of nursery!) * he is “Bryan the big boy” (and if you ever call him anything else, look out!) * loves to play outside * speech therapy * “mommy's big helper” * swim lessons * adorable * tiny tot gymnastics *

Caleb – 1 year old this month * started walking at 10 months * plays well with siblings and by himself * sweet, calm, easy going boy * blue eyes (only child in our family) * loves to laugh * peek-a-boo * loves baths (any water actually) * a complete joy in our home *

Family – weekend getaway at the Homestead Resort (work party) * rock hounding at Topaz mountain * new backyard playground * family reunion at cabin near Heber City * swimming * bowling * camping * hiking * hot dog roasts over the back yard fire pit *

This is NOT the picture that we had made into cards, but it was one of the finalists. I'm not posting the actual picture right now, because it is on the computer downstairs and I am too lazy to go down there right now. I'll get around to posting it one of these days... maybe...




PS - if anyone out there is just DYING to be added to my official mailing list - send me your snail mail address (I'll delete the comment after I write down the address) and I'll be happy to add you to my list.)

4 comments:

Charlotte said...

Adorable picture! I'm confused about something. Why is Katrina dressed to the nines and the rest of you are in jeans? Is she playing princess, or was there something going on that featured her, or is there some other explanation?

Jeri said...

if you look really really closely (under Caleb), Aaron is wearing his suit. this photo was taken at their piano recital, - Sunday dress required for performers.

The discrepancy in dress is one of the main reasons why Tim didn't want this photo - that and the chairs in the background.

Shellie said...

You are so on top of things- I am just going for a new year's letter at this point!

Adrienne and Ryan Mangus said...

Cute picture of the family! Enjoy your Christmas! Cute pictures of little Caleb (below)--love those eyes!